.........
The Unofficial Prescotian Archives has now been superceded by the Prescot Grammar School Facebook Group, where former pupils can contact each other, share memories and add photos etc.

The Unofficial Prescotian Archives will continue its presence on the Internet until early 2020 when the domain address and hosting service expires. There is no intention to renew these services at that time.

The editor recommends that former pupils and relatives access the Facebook local history Prescot Born and Bred Group as well as the Prescot History & Genealogy Group, to further their research projects.

The editor will ensure that the material contained within The Unofficial Prescotian Archives will be made available to the Facebook group as well as any other agencies/websites that are relevant to preserving this material. Read the Editor's Final Statement here >>>>>
 
 

A Warm Welcome to the Unofficial Prescotian Archives! The Prescotian was founded in May, 2000. Its aim was to conserve the heritage of Prescot Grammar School, Prescot Girls Grammar School and Prescot School.

Prescot Grammar was founded in 1544 and is the second oldest grammar school in the country. The Prescot Girls Grammar School opened in 1955. As part of the drive to comprehensive education took place, the two schools dropped the term "grammar" from their names.

By 1976, both grammar schools became fully comprehensive on the two sites. However, after arson attacks on the boys' campus, the schools merged to form Prescot School in the late seventies at the girls campus.

The boys campus was sold for housing development. In 2009, after 465 years, Knowsley Council summarily dismissed the school history as it replaced it with the new Knowsley Park Centre for Learning!

       
  Contact Us | Legal Stuff