The Prescotian Webzine

.........
There has been a discussionof the 1958 school photograph in the site's forum and these extracts from the Prescotians of 1949, 1950 and 1951 go some way to explaining what went on in terms of building development on the St.Helens Road site in the 1940s and 1950s.
 
Quote form the report of the Music Society in the 1949 Prescotian written by EV Thompson.

Gramophone records have been extensively used during this season's meetings, in a programme curtailed by the school play and examinations. This has been made possible by the use of a very good gramophone and amplifier installed in room 18, now the music room.

 
 
 

Contact Us | Legal Stuff