|In 1919. Messrs. C.
Tinling & Co. Ltd. re-opened the factory for
printing and bookbinding as an ancillary to their
existing works in Victoria Street. Liverpool.
Since that date there have been two major
extensions, one in 1931 and another in 1947. and
these have more than doubled the floor space of
the factory. The present plant is one of the
largest in the north of England, and produces a
variety of printed matter, but the main accent is
on book work, catalogue and high-class work.
buildings works in Moss Street. Prescot. which
have now been established since 1954 are a branch
of C. & R. Constructions Ltd. whose
headquarters are at Halifax. They make portable
buildings of all types but are better known for
garages and garden sheds in which they
always been the Company's policy to incorporate
alternative features in their products so as to
meet individual requirements and at the same time
give good value and sound constructional design.
labour is engaged under the capable management of
Mr. H. R. Bottomley. This branch has now extended
operations throughout West Lancashire. Cheshire,
and North Wales. They are 3 concern who arc proud
of their good name and endeavour to give every
satisfaction in all their dealings.
main industry, employing over 8,000 people is
British Insulated Calenders Cables Ltd. It forms
a complete unit with copper and aluminium mills,
wire drawing and cable making plants, and
department for the production of cable
accessories. Railway sidings, battery trucks and
battery tractors facilitate the transport of
material throughout the works.
feature, adjacent to the armouring shop, is a
complete cable factory where stranded copper
enters at one end and finished lead-covered cable
leaves at the other end.